Homemade Italian Pizza
There is no better time than in the Fall and Winter seasons to have family & friend gatherings. One of our favorite meals to make is homemade Italian pizzas. You can double the recipe to make four LARGE pizzas, or make 8 individual pizzas, which allows everyone to enjoy their favorite flavors!
For Pizza Dough:
- 3 1/2 cups Flour (plus more for kneading)
- 1 1/4 cup Warm Water (warm to touch, ~125F)
- 4 1/2 tbsp. Batistini Farms: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Cane Sugar
For Pizza Dough:
- In a small bowl, add the yeast and cane sugar to the warm water. Give it a quick stir, then set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
- In the meantime, mix together the flour and sea salt in a mixing bowl. Add the activated yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Next, add in the Batistini Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice.
- Mix the dough until a shaggy dough forms. Flour a flat surface, and knead for 8-10 minutes. (TIP: The dough should slowly bounce back after poking a hole in it with your finger.) Form the dough into a round ball.
- Oil a large bowl, put the dough ball into the bowl, and cover with saran wrap. Set aside in a warm place, such as a pantry, for 2-3 hours. (TIP: The best option is to allow the dough to fully rise overnight.)
- Once the dough has risen, split the dough into two pieces. Knead each individual piece for another 2-3 minutes, forming into another ball. Set the two pieces on parchment paper, lay a tea towel over them, and set in a warm place to rise for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500F. Put a large flat baking pan in the oven while it is preheating.
- In the meantime form your pizza crust into your desired thickness, by either tossing it in the air or rolling out it out. Once the oven is heated, carefully take the large pan out.
- (TIP: Work fast but diligently.) Flour the surface of the baking pan. Put the rolled out dough onto the pan.
- Add your favorite ingredients to the pizza. Such as, Batistini Farms Organic Mimi Olive Oil as a base, topped with parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, basil, and a tad bit of salt/pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your crust, or until the edges are golden brown.
Servings: 2 large pizzas
Tag us in any of your creations of our recipes!